Situated at the tip of the African continent, South Africa is the destination of a lifetime. The country offers visitors a varied experience ranging from exquisite landscapes and captivating wildlife to diverse peoples – a true “Rainbow Nation”.
Highlights during any trip to South Africa include:
- Cape Town and Table Mountain
- Franschhoek, Stellenbosch and the wonderful wines
- Picturesque Garden Route on the east coast
- Cage diving with the Great White Sharks
- Big five safaris within a range of excellent game reserves where the game experience is carefully balanced with the conservation of the environment
- Historical battlefields area in Kwa-Zulu Natal between the Zulu’s and British
- A wide variety of adventure activities; these range from ‘soft’ adventure options such as horse riding in the winelands or cycling in the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, to bungee jumping and sky diving for those looking for an adrenaline rush
- Fine cuisine and award winning wines
- The friendly people
Best time to travel:
- Cape Town is best in the summer months from October to March. The winter brings cold rainy and windy conditions.
- Kwa-Zulu Natal has a tropical climate all year round with temperatures being cooler and more manageable in winter.
- The best time to visit the Kruger National Park is in winter, although it is much colder, the bush is shorter and water more scarce making spotting the animals easier.