Situated at the tip of the African continent, South Africa is the MICE destination of a lifetime. Providing corporate visitors with venues and facilities of the highest international standard for corporate incentive trips, international events, conferences and exhibitions. Add to this exquisite landscapes and captivating wildlife as well as diverse people & cultures and you have the perfect destination for your next event.
As Africa’s top meetings and events destination, South Africa offers a variety of venues and destinations, diverse offerings and unforgettable experiences which will always exceed your expectations.
South Africa is one of a handful of countries that has played host to major sporting events, including the 2010 FIFA World Cup, as well as rugby and cricket World Cups. Our excellent track record in international events has seen us host meetings such as COP17, the 5th BRICS Summit and the World Economic Forum.
For the corporate market, venues range from intimate bush hideaways to hotels and resorts for smaller conferences or larger, world-class convention centres.
South Africa is a Premier Destination for Business Tourism and we look forward to hosting your next event.
Why South Africa?
- Easy flight access with multiple airlines offering the destination
- Appealing climate – warm all year around
- Breathtaking natural surroundings & adventure coupled with 5-star services
- World class MICE venues
- Top quality accommodation & service levels appealing to all budgets
- Good infrastructure
- Modern cities
- English is widely spoken
- Value for money
- Africa’s food & wine capital
- A cultural melting pot of beautiful people from diverse cultures & origins
- Vibrant nightlife
- Authentic experiences
- Adventure opportunities
- Excellent connectivity/communications infrastructure
- Host to many world-class congresses, conventions, events & trade fairs annually
- Ecotourism is at an advanced stage in South Africa
- Socially responsible tourism
Best time to travel:
- Cape Town: summer months (Oct-Apr). Winter is our traditionally rainy season (June-Aug) which brings cooler conditions, May and Sep being Autumn and Spring are also lovely travel months
- Kwa-Zulu Natal year-round tropical climate all year round with temperatures being cooler and more moderate in winter (May-Aug)
- Kruger National Park – winter (May-Aug) although colder, shorter grass/bush and less water makes animal spotting easier
Johannesburg & North West Province :
Johannesburg hosted Africa’s biggest conference to date, the 2002 World Summit on Sustainable Development. An estimated 40 000 delegates, including about 190 heads of state, were spread across three of the city’s premier venues -the Sandton Convention Centre, which boasts the most advanced conferencing and exhibition technologies available; the Expo Centre, the largest convention facility on the continent; and the Wanderers Stadium. Incentive travel in and near Johannesburg can be arranged around all kinds of interests and activities within a 2 hour radius.
Sun City, which is situated 2 hours drive north of Johannesburg, is a popular world class resort with facilities that include many meeting venues, banqueting rooms, 2 golf courses, numerous leisure activities on site and the nearby Pilansberg Nature Reserve which boasts the Big 5. Perfect for larger Groups.
- Discover Soweto on a township experience, with a local guide & resident
- Bungee jump from the Soweto Towers
- Explore a diamond mine with a specialist guide
- Understand history at the Apartheid Museum with a local activist
- Discover the origins of man in the Cradle of Humankind
- Host an exclusive dinner at Randlords rooftop bar and lounge venue
- Meet at historic Lilieslief Farm
- Conference at 5 star international hotels at Sun City Resort
- Experience interactive African drumming at a local shebeen
- Walk through the Maboneng precint and discover a hidden world of artists
- Learn about local cultures at Lesedi Cultural Village
- Shop for local crafts at the Rosebank Rooftop Market
Cape Town :
Cape Town is one of Africa’s premier incentive and meeting destinations for many incredible reasons. Delegates will be thrilled by the fantastic interactive experiences and activities that are available.
Organise an attendee dinner on top of Table Mountain while the sun sets. Have your group experience some heartfelt kinship by taking a boat trip to visit Nelson Mandela’s prison cell on Robben Island. Organise a tour of the winelands on horseback, followed by a fun wine-tasting competition hosted by one of the Cape’s famous wine makers. For team-building and adding a bit of action to your incentive trip, attendees can try shark-cage diving in Gansbaai.
World class meeting and conference facilities will ensure successful meetings and conferences in either the Cape Town International Convention Centre or many top city hotels with excellent facilities.
- Treasure hunt on foot through the Cape Town’s bustling city centre
- Welcome cocktails on Table Mountain
- Sunset drinks on Signal Hill
- Exclusive private beach events – Clifton, Camps Bay, Muizenberg, Boulders
- Take a private visit to Robben Island – a UNESCO World Heritage Site with ex prisoner guides
- Experience a private colonial themed dinner at the Castle of Good Hope
- Explore the Cape Winelands on a wine-tasting safari
- Whale watch from a kayak in Hermanus
- Walk with penguins at Boulders Beach
- Dine where the two oceans meet
- Hike through the floral kingdom at Cape Point
- Shop until you drop at the V&A Waterfront
- Bo Kaap cooking lessons in a Cape Malay home
- Helicopter flip over the Cape Peninsula
- Shark Cage diving in Gansbaai
- Dive with seals in False Bay
- Powerboating around Cape Point
- Harley Davidson motorcycle trip along Chapman’s Peak Drive
- World class meeting and conference facilities
- Cape Town International Convention Centre
- Experience the traditional South African Braai or barbeque